Sunday 25 November 2012

On the beach..

Now I love a run on the beach as much as any dog but today was not a beach day.

Why the usually sensible people pack thought it would be a treat today of all days, beats me. I awoke this morning to heavy rain after being kept awake half the night by the wind howling and the rain hammering on the front door. Oscar and Charlie snuggled up close and I honestly don't think they heard a thing. By morning the bags under my eyes were a shock to behold.

I snuggled deeper into my bed at first light and was gratified when everyone had decided that this morning, it was perhaps better to stay in bed a little longer. I was not at all happy later on when it was clear that despite the dreadful weather, they were still expecting me to go outside. I know there's an expectation that labradors love all weathers and are just as happy in the rain as the sunshine. This lab is not. This lab has a distinct dislike of rainy days and would rather view them from inside looking out.

My expression in this photo says it all...


Enough said, back to bed.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment